- 800 g strong flour,
- 150 g icing sugar,
- 1 tsp mahaleb, ground,
- 1 tsp cardamom, ground,
- 200 ml coconut oil, melted,
- 450 ml coconut milk,
- 75 g of fresh yeast,
- Gather and measure all the ingredients you gonna need. You can omit or replace spices with your favourite ones.
- Warm the coconut milk in a saucepan, over medium heat.
- Take about 50 ml of the coconut milk and dissolve into this the fresh yeast. Add a handful of the flour and whisk until combined. Cover the bowl with a clean towel and set aside for about 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and warm the coconut oil.
- Place the rest 400 ml of warm coconut milk into a large bowl. Add the yeast mixture and mix with your hands.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix slightly with your hands, until all flour has got wet.
- Then wet your hands with the warm coconut oil and fold – do not knead – the dough. Repeat until all the coconut oil is incorporated into your dough. The less you “knead” this dough, the better. The dough has to be warm, soft and oily. The oil will get absorbed as the dough is puffing.
- Cover with a clean towel and set aside in a warm place, for about 1-2 hours, depending on temperature, or until at least double-sized. You will know the dough is ready when you press it with your finger and the fingertip remains on.
- Divide the dough into portions and give each one the shape you wish. If you want to make these wonderful bunnies visit here or here to get the how to.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes on 400 F (200 C) degrees. Cool on rack and…….. EnJoy!!!!!!! 🙂 xx
image via cookalifebymaeva, where you can find another one great vegan recipe as well!!!! 🙂 ❤