For the cake:
- 6 eggs,
- 6 tbsp sugar,
- 6 tbsp all-purpose flour,
- 4 tbsp cocoa,
- 4 tbsp coconut oil,
- 1 tsp vanilla extract,
- 2 tsp baking powder.
For the syrup:
- 2 cups water,
- 2 cups sugar,
- 1 vanilla pod,
- 2 tbsp brandy (optional),
- 1 tspf lemon juice
For the strawberry cream:
- 2 cans coconut milk,
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam.
- Beat the eggs along with sugar until fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Shift flour, coocoa powder and baking powder into another bowl.
- Add the coconut oil and flour mixture into the egg mixture and mix them until combined, using a spatula and making slow movements.
- Pour the mixture into a greased deep pan (35-30 cm) and bake at 375 degreess F (180 degrees C) for about 30 minutes, or until when inserting a toothpick it comes out dry.
- While baked the cake, make the syrup: place all ingredients into a saucepan, bring to a boil for only 2-3 minutes, remove from heat and add the brandy.
- Pour the hot syrup over the hot cake and let cool.
- To make the strawberry cream: Open the cans and carefully spoon out the thick coconut cream into a bowl. Stop when you reach the water at the bottom of the can. If the water is at the top of the can when you open it, just remove the water and then spoon out the coconut cream. Add the strawberry jam and using a mixer whip for about 3-4 minutes, until fluffy, with soft peaks.
- Add the strawberry cream over the cooled cake, into the same pan you baked it, cover with plastic wrap and chill for several hours, or even better overnight.
- When chilled cut into servings.
- Serve with freshly cut strawberries and…..
EnJoy!!!! 🙂 xx