- 120-130 g of egg whites (about three whites),
- Sugar 250 g,
- a few drops of lemon juice,
- Chocolate eggs (dairy free) and sugar for decoration.
- Measure all your ingredients into separate bowls and get all necessary tools at your disposal.
- Add lemon to the egg whites and begin to beat with your mixer at high speed. When whites are very foamed add sugar, spoon by spoon.
- When you have added all the sugar continue beating a few minutes; the mixture will become increasingly smooth and shiny. To see if the meringue is perfectly beaten just take a pinch between your thumb and forefinger to check if all the sugar is dissolved in the egg whites.
- With a spatula pass the meringue to a pastry bag with curly tip number 8. Put a plastic mat or parchment paper on a baking tray and form nests. Make the base starting either from the inside out or from outside to inside, as it suits you most. Then, starting from the base, form sides in a couple of turns of meringue.
- To make all nests of the same size, you can draw circles of equal size baking paper and form nests on them.This amount of ingredients makes about 12 nests.
- Bake nests for an hour in the oven at 110 ° C. It is essential to cook them for a long time at low temperature, because in principle you are interested in them remaining white and not getting golden. Although, if you prefer the edges being slightly browned you can raise the oven temperature about 10 ° C above that indicated. After this time let the nests dry in the oven until it has cooled completely.
- Fill the cold nests with the eggs decoration.
Visit marialunarillos to find more photos and directions.