Either you have a sweet or savory teeth, there is one pastry that will completely satisfy you!!! And here is a dairy-free version of this! 🙂
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil,
- 1 cup water,
- 1/4 teaspoon salt,
- 1 tablespoon sugar,
- 1 cup flour,
- 4 eggs.
- 1 beaten egg.
- In a saucepan put the coconut oil, salt and water and cook until coconut is melted.
- Add the sugar and let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn down the heat and add the flour.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until the dough is thickened and gathered all around the spoon.
- Transfer the mixture into a glass bowl and let stand for about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one by one, and mix until well combined in the dough. The mixture should be smooth and homogeneous before adding each egg.
- Let the dough cool for a while.
- Transfer the cooled choux batter to a pastry bag.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Make 8-10 centimeters sticks for eclairs, and half-egg sized rosettes for the choux.
- Brush with the beaten egg and smooth every bump. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes and preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F degrees.
- Bake at the second rack for 35 minutes, until golden brown.Turn off the heat and put a towel at the oven door, just to keep it a little open. Allow stand this way for another 45 minutes.
- The choux and eclairs are ready to be used either in sweet or savory preparations!!!
EnJoy!!!! 🙂 xx