- 3/4 cup rum,
- 1 cup dried apricots,
- 1 cup dried apple,
- 3/4 cup raisins,
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, (do this!!!),
- 10 tablespoons melted coconut oil,
- 1 cup flour,
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon,
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom,
- 1 pinch of nutmeg,
- 1 pinch of ground cloves,
- 2/3 cup brown sugar,
- 1/3 cup sugar,
- 3 eggs,
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract,
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- The day before: Place rum and dried fruit in a saucepan, add the orange zest and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Before start making the fruit cake, remove them from the refrigerator and let at room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (180 C) degrees and place the rack in the middle.
- Take two bread molds and grease them lightly. Place into the mold two strips of wax paper, this will help you remove the cake easily from the mold at the end.
- In a bowl whisk the flour with all species.
- Mix the brown sugar and refined sugar and the coconut oil until fluffy. Add the eggs and continue beating. Add the vanilla extract and the salt and beat again.
- Add flour little by little and stir until everything is incorporated. Place the dough in a bowl, add the fruit mixture with a spatula and mix to combine.
- Pour batter into the molds and bake for 15 minutes. Then lower the temperature to 300 F (150 C) degrees and bake for half an hour or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool on a rack for about 30 minutes.
- Serve and ….
EnJoy!!!! 🙂 xx