What you gonna need:
- Knitting yarn (cotton, acrylic, wool),
- Adhesive varnish,
- A brush,
- Inflatable balloons,
- An old light string,
- A needle,
- A pen.
What you have to do:
- Create a wool ball:
– Inflate a balloon of 6 cm diameter.
– Glue it with nail glue with a large brush.
–Tick the knitting yarn avoiding wool thicknesses that would prevent the adhesive varnish to penetrate. Leave some empty space to promote the light diffusion through the ball.
– Cover the ball with some generous amount of glue.
Repeat as many times as needed (depending on the number of bulbs in your wreath).
- Pierce the balloon using a yarn needle.
- Gently remove the balloon by pulling it.
- Take a pen and form small circles to increase the diameter of the hole that will accommodate the bulb.
- Fit bulbs in your new wool balls.