- 500 gr of spaghetti,
- 200 gr of bacon diced,
- 2 large eggs,
- 3 Tbsp of nutritional yeast,
- 2/3 cup of vegan parmesan,
- 3 Tbsp olive oil,
- 3 Tbsp parsley,
- 1/2 cup of the water in which the spaghetti was boiled,
- freshly ground black pepper.
For the vegan parmesan:
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast,
- 3/4 cup of cashews or almonds,
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder,
- 3/4 tsp of salt.
Just add all the ingredients into a food processor and blend. Last for several weeks if kept in the fridge.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with a pinch of salt, parsley and the nutritional yeast.
- Bring a pot of well-salted water to a boil.
- Cook bacon with the olive oil in a skillet, until lightly browned.
- Cook spaghetti into the boiling water until al dente. Drain the pasta and reserve some of the cooking water.
- Transfer pasta into the skillet with the bacon and cook briefly, stirring.
- Remove from the heat and add the beaten eggs and about half a cup of the cooking water.
- Stir for about 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately with freshly ground black pepper and vegan parmesan cheese.