Aromatic, wonderful, balanced in sweetness, these biscotti taste a little bit of greek ouzo and have the warmth of sesame in every small bite. Great coffee friend, don’t you think? 🙂
- 500 gr of self-rising flour (or plain with three tsp f baking powder),
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda,
- 3 Tbsp of anise seeds,
- about 1 cup of sesame seeds,
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil,
- 1 cup of fresh orange juice,
- 2/3 cup of sugar (or less.. I also like them with half a cup ..).
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C) degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add the orange juice and dissolve in the baking soda. This will make a chemical reaction that makes the orange juice foam and rise.
- Add the olive oil, the sugar, the anise seeds and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add gradually the flour and knead until you get a good, smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into five or six parts. Take each part, form baguette-sized rolls and place into the baking sheet.
- Using a sharp knife, make on them vertical, about 1 cm sized, small cuts.
- Spread over with the sesame seeds.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Take them out, let cool for a while and separate the biscotti, into the baking sheet, using a knife.
- Place the baking sheet back into the oven and bake until they get golden brown at their sides too.
- Let them cool completely.
- EnJoy!!!! 🙂