A healthy autumn vegan dish you gonna love. Dairy, egg, nut and gluten-free!!!
- 3 small squashes,
- 1 cup buckwheat groats, washed and dried,
- 200 ml of tap water,
- half a bunch of parsley, finely chopped,
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped,
- a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg,
- Bay leaf,
- the seeds of allspice,
- salt and pepper,
- extra virgin olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C) degrees.
- Cut from each squash a hat with a tail, place whole squashes and hats into a baking pan with a thin layer of olive oil and put in the oven for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile take a large pot, bring the water to a boil, along with a tablespoon of olive oil, the bay leaf and allspice and cook in the buckwheat. Be careful not to overcook it, though.
- Remove from the oven the baked squash and cool briefly.
- Then, take a large skillet, heat the olive oil and saute the garlic for a minute. Remove and discard the sauteed garlic after this time.
- Add the chanterelles and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked buckwheat, parsley, the nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir gently and cook into the pan over low heat for another 5 minutes.
- Spoon out the flesh and seeds from the squashes and discard seeds.
- Stuff each squash and cover with their hats.
- Bake at 400 F (200 C) degrees for about 10 – 12 minutes.
- Serve hot, and…..