- 750 gr of pumpkin diced,
- 250 gr of carrot diced,
- 1 onion chopped,
- 1 leek chopped (the white part only),
- 1 liter of vegetable stock,
- 250 ml of coconut milk,
- nutmeg grounded,
- olive oil,
- fresh basil leaves,
- salt and pepper to taste.
- In a pot put a little olive oil, add the onion and the finely chopped leek and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the carrots and squash into cubes and sauté for a few minutes more.
- Then integrate the stock and bring to boil.
- Turn down the heat, season to taste and cook over medium heat for about 20-30 minutes or until squash and carrots are tender.
- When the vegetables are soft, add the coconut milk, stir a little more and remove from heat.
- Grind with a blender or a food processor until creamy.
- Serve with fresh basil leaves, a little nutmeg and croutons.