Dairy free and vegan (if you use agar powder), very light and refreshing!! Summer days we still ❤ you!!
- 2 kg (70,55 oz) plus 200 g. (7,05 oz)of watermelon,
- 16 Gelatin sheets or 20 g. (0,70 oz) of gelatin powder,
- 2 tbsp dairy free chocolate drops (optional).
- Remove and discard seeds and blend the watermelon.
- Strain through a very fine sieve.
- You gonna need 1 litre of juice (about 4 cups).
- Remove seeds from the extra 200 g. of watermelon and cut it into cubes (about 1 cm each).
- Put half of watermelon juice in the refrigerator to chill.
- Boil the rest watermelon juice and add the gelatine. Mix well until completely dissolved.
- Add the rest of the juice and stir well.
- Divide into 8 wet ramekins the chocolate drops (these are gonna be the seeds you know!!) and chunks of watermelon and pour in the jelly.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- When about to serve, dip the molds for a few seconds into hot water and invert.
Note: If you use gelatin leaves, first put them in 1/2 cup. of cold water, until softened, squeeze them and then add them into the boiling juice.