In general I love fish only with lemon and olive oil sauce…. But when I tried out this recipe… I revised!! 🙂
- 500 gr of fresh anchovies,
- 1-2 tbsp of mustard, mild or hot, your choice… (I prefer mild though),
- juice of a big lemon,
- olive oil,
- fresh oregano,
- salt and
- black pepper, ground,
- 1 small chilli pepper, chopped (optional).
- Clean anchovies, cut heads and wash thoroughly.
- Put all ingredients into a frying pan with a lid.
- Cover with the lid and place over medium heat.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with extra fresh oregano, and a salad!!