A dairy free version of this fine french little cakes recipe!!! ❤ Just adorable!!
- 150g of coconut oil, melted,
- 175g of icing sugar,
- 50g of flour,
- 90gr of almonds, finely grounded,
- 5 egg whites,
- Preheat oven to 350 F ( 175° C) degrees.
- In a bowl whisk the egg whites for a few seconds.
- In another bowl mix the icing sugar with the flour.
- Add the almond powder into and stir.
- Pour over the eggs and mix.
- Finally add the coconut oil and mix gently until well blended.
- Clean the cherries and cut in halves. Remove and discard pits.
- Pour the mixture into Financier molds, using a pastry bag or spoon.
- Add one or two halves of cherries on top without pressing too hard.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on your molds. Do not overbake, though, or they will get dry.