- 1 kg of watermelon deseeded and cut into pieces,
- 800g of Sugar,
- zest of 1 orange,
- 1 cinnamon stick.
- Mix a cup of watermelon pieces with sugar and let macerate for a few hours, covering the bowl with a cloth (you can leave it overnight).
- Add the rest watermelon and the sugar mixture into a wide bottom pan and place on the stove, along with the orange zest and the cinnamon stick.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved and boil. Let cook until the jam thickens (about 45 minutes to 1 hour).
- Put the jam in sterilized jars and store in a cool dry place.Note: The only downside is that the preparation takes more time than most homemade jams, because the amount of water is much higher than in other fruits. Taking this little detail, it is a different and very tasty jam. And the orange zest combines beautifully, adding even more freshness!!
source: Patricia Rosado, fabricocaseiro