- 600 gr of ripe cherries,
- 200-250 gr of sugar (adjust to your taste),
- Zest and juice of a lemon or lime
- A very small piece of ginger (peeled and chopped) or 1/4 tsp of ground ginger (optional)
- Wash the cherries, remove pits and cut into pieces.
- Put cherries into a bowl and add the rest ingredients: sugar, lemon and ginger.
- Let soak for 6 to 8 hours, or overnight. This way all the aromas will be revealed.
- Blend the mixture well. You can pass it all through a fine sieve, or just leave some pieces to give that extra fruity note.
- Freeze mixture for at least 12 hours. Although there will not form any crystals at all, it will be a good idea if you whisk the mixture a couple of times. This will give your sorbet much softer texture.
- Serve and….