- 6 eggs,
- ½ cup of honey,
- ⅓ cup of coconut flour,
- ¼ cup of cocoa
- ½ tsp of baking soda.
- For the chocolate filling:
- 1 peeled avocado, ripe (about 150 gr),
- 60 gr of honey,
- 20 gr of cocoa powder,
- 3 tsp of orange zest,
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 1/2 cup of strawberry jam
- Start by making the chocolate filling first: Put the avocado in a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Keep in fridge until needed.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (170 C) degrees.
- Line a size 24x30cm baking pan with parchment paper.
- Put the egg whites in a bowl and whisk until they form soft peaks.
- In a second bowl, whisk the egg yolks with honey until you get a light yellow cream (about 1-2 minutes).
- Add the coconut flour, cocoa and baking soda to the yolks and mix until combined.
- Using a metal spoon, add first the ⅓ of egg whites to the yolk mixture.
- Slowly add into the mixture the remaining egg white one.
- Spread the mixture into the pan and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, lift holding the baking paper edges and wrap it together with the baking paper from one end to the other.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator with the open side of the paper on the bottom.
- Once the cake is chilled, unfold, spread a thin layer of jam and the as much of the chocolate filling you like (I used about the half).
- Roll the cake and serve chilled.
Notes: You can use only jam or only chocolate filling. If you use only jam then double-size the dose (1 cup).