A Brazilian dessert for the coconut lovers, like me!!! Found it in this blog and replaced only the butter with coconut oil.
- 30 g of coconut oil,
- 240 g of water,
- 240 g of caster sugar,
- 120 g egg yolks,
- 90 g of coconut,
- 120 g of beaten eggs,
- a little brown sugar and coconut oil for the mold,
- lime zest (optional).
- Start by making the syrup: In a saucepan add water and sugar and bring to a boil. Let boil for 2 or 3 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the coconut oil and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven at 350 F (180C) degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks and beaten eggs. Pour the syrup (you need to put your fingers without burning yourself) on the eggs and mix right away. Add the coconut.
- Grease the ramekins, and line them with brown sugar. Divide mixture into ramekins.
- Place ramekins into a pan with water and bake for about 25 minutes.
- This dessert consists of two textures, the part of a somewhat thicker on the bottom, which looks like a biscuit, and on top a softer one! A bit like a magic cake!!
- Garnish with lime zest and …..
Recipe and photos: cestnathaliequicuisine.com