A delicious gluten free carrot cake, always ready to take it with!! ❤
- 350 gr of carrots,
- 250 gr of almonds, finely chopped (almost powdered),
- 4 eggs,
- 180 gr of sugar,
- 1-2 tsp of orange zest,
- 30 ml of almond milk,
- 1 tbsp of amaretto (optional),
- Himalayan salt,
- 1 tsp cornstarch,
- coconut oil and some rice flour for the jars.
- Wash, peel and trim carrots. Chop them in medium pieces and blend them in a food processor. Place them into a bowl.
- Blend in the food processor the almonds, until powdered. Add in the cornstarch and stir.
- Prepare your jars: Take seven jars of 200 ml capacity each. Grease them lightly with melted coconut oil and dust them into with some rice flour. Drop the excess.
- Preheat oven at 350 F (180 C) degrees, and place the oven rack in the third position (in the middle of the oven).
- Divide eggs to whites and yolks.
- Beat whites with a pinch of salt until you get a good meringue. When it’s ready place into fridge to keep it chilled.
- Cream together the yolks with sugar. Add milk, amaretto and the orange zest and whisk.
- Add into this mixture the powdered almonds and stir.
- With a spatula, add first the 1/3 of the meringue and then the rest one, making careful movements until it incorporates into the mixture.
- Fill jars up to the 2/3.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes.
- When ready take jars out and put their lids on. Keep them closed until completely cool.