A great Portuguese recipe, from a great-great blog. Made the necessary changes to adjust it to dairy free and… can’t wait to try it!!! ❤
- 6 eggs + almond milk = 500 g,
- 300 g of Sugar,
- 300 g of plain flour,
- 150 g of rice flour,
- 150 g of coconut butter, semi-melted,
- 25 g of baking powder,
- Vanilla extract,
- Lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200ºC) degrees.
- Prepare your baking tins (like those you use for muffins): line each one with a paper baking cup. If you gonna use the paper baking tins like those on the photos just put all the paper baking tins on a baking tray.
- Beat coconut oil with sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract, lemon zest and beat until well incorporated.
- Add the flour and the baking powder sifted and engage well.
- Fill the baking tins up to two-thirds of their height.
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake at 400 F (200° C) for about 5 minutes and at 375 F (180 ° C) degrees until they pass into baked.
- Sprinkle with sugar and let cool.
Recipe and photos adapted from cocoebaunilha.com