- 1 kg of apples,
- 160 g of sugar,
- 25 ml of apple juice,
- Juice of 1 lemon,
- the seeds of a vanilla bean.
- Preheat oven to 250 F (120 C°) degrees.
- Line a pan with parchment paper.
- Place in a saucepan apple juice with the sugar, lemon juice and scraped vanilla.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Peel the apples, remove the core and cut into very thin slices with a mandolin or just a sharp knife.
- Line apples in layers into the mold which is daubed each time with apple syrup.
- Pour the remaining syrup over.
- Bake for 3 hours and then put a piece of foil and leave like this for one hour.
- Let cool in pan and unmold.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
recipe and photo via marciatack.fr