- 4 portobello mushrooms, cut in big sized pieces (6-8 each)
- 5 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion cut in thin slices
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- juice of half a lemon
- Himalayan salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Warm 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the freshly ground pepper.
- Stir in onions mushrooms and garlic. If you have garlic flavored olive oil then skip the garlic clove and just replace the 2 from 5 tablespoons of the olive oil with this.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until the mushrooms are soft and blackened.
- Season with salt and nutmeg. Add additional olive oil as needed.
- Turn the heat off and drizzle with the lemon juice and 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Serve warm.