Found these perfect, mouthwatering, chocolate Easter buns and just couldn’t resist… I fell in love with them immediately!!! I’ll have to substitute milk and butter and I’m sure that nobody will spot the difference!! 🙂
- 21 grams of instant dry yeast,
- 1/4 cup of sugar 1 and 1/2 cups of warm almond milk,
- 4 and ½ cups flour,
- 1/2 teaspoon salt,
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon,
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spices for sweet preparations,
- 50g coconut oil, melted,
- 1 egg, lightly beaten,
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips melted,
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips For the glaze: 1/4 cup sugar 3 tablespoons hot water For crossings: 60 grams of flour 60 ml of water
- First you have to prepare the dough. You may prepare it by the bread machine in the program making the dough, or you can make it by hand: Combine the warm almond milk, sugar and dried yeast in a small bowl. Let it raise for 15 minutes.
- Put the flour and salt and remaining dry ingredients in a large bowl, make a hole in the middle and add the melted coconut oil, the egg, lightly beaten, the yeast and the dairy free melted chocolate.
- Knead until dough is smooth and elastic. Place back into the large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Reserve in a warm place for 1 to 1 and 1/2 hours, or until the dough doubles in size.
- Grease and flour a large baking sheet.
- When the dough is ready knead for a while and divide dough into 16 rolls or more. Place the scones on the baking sheet slightly apart from each other.
- Set aside to rise covered with a cloth for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to medium high heat and prepare to make the cross dough.
- Combine flour and water and put that preparation in a sleeve or a bag of nylon. Make crosses over dough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden and fragrant, these spices will fill your kitchen with a delicious aroma.
- For the icing sugar just dissolve in hot water and once buns should be ready to paint with glaze.
- Remove from the pan and enjoy!!!!
Recipe and photos adapted from La cocina de Eli