- 1 pack of Spaghetti
- 500 gr of calamari (squid), cleaned and chopped
- 1/4 of cup olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 400 gr of fresh tomatoes, ground
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper, finely chopped
- Himalayan salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tbsp of fresh parsley chopped
- Heat a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add 1 tbsp of Himalayan salt. Cook the spaghetti al dente, for about 7 minutes (or according to your taste).
- Heat the olive oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped garlic and red pepper and season with the freshly ground pepper.
- Sauté for about two minutes, or until the garlic is fragrant and barely golden.
- Add the ground fresh tomatoes, calamari, oregano and salt and simmer for about 3 minutes, just long enough for it to turn opaque.
Note: Fresh tomatoes, when used in sauces, is better to be cooked for less than 4 minutes. If you’re using canned tomatoes then add the tomatoes and oregano first, simmer gently for about 15-20 minutes, then add the calamari and cook for another three minutes.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary and stir in the parsley.
- By this time, your spaghetti will be ready too. Drain spaghetti in a colander and then add it into the skillet. Mix to combine.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately or cover to keep warm for a while.