Yes, with double-T, not-L!!! Because it comes from the words “Nut” and “telia”, which in greek means “perfect”!! 🙂
- 1 cup of raw hazelnuts
- 3 Tbsp of honey
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 4 Tbsp of coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup of almond milk
- Roast the hazelnuts at 200 C degrees for 8-10 minutes. Place them on a towel and rub them between your hands to get their skins out.
- When most of them are peeled, let them cool and blend them very well in a high-powered food processor for about 5 minutes. You will need to make pauses and scrape down the sides. When you get a form like smooth creamy paste then it is ready (it must be similar in texture to almond butter).
- Add into your food processor the rest ingredients and blend until combined.
- If the mixture is dry add some more almond milk or coconut oil. Mine got perfect (telia) with 1/3 of almond milk.
- Keep in fridge. Eat it as it is, with a spoon when you are craving for chocolate, use it as a spread on toast, use it as filling in cakes and biscuits….
Note: You can also make it even easier with store-bought hazelnut butter, cocoa and honey. In this case, you will need for 1 cup of hazelnut butter: 3-4 tbsp of cocoa and 3-4 tbsp of honey. You can add 1-2 tbsp of coconut oil if you like to make the mixture thinner.