- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1,5 Kg potatoes, sliced
- about 1 Kg squid, chopped in medium-sized pieces
- 1-2 onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 300 gr tomatoes finely diced
- Himalayan salt
- Black pepper, ground
- 300 ml water
- In a wide, heavy-bottomed pan put a layer of potatoes, a layer of onions and top with a squid layer.
- Repeat once again the step above.
- Add the garlic clove, the bay leaf and pour over the tomatoes.
- Pour over the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add water.
- Bring to a boil and turn the heat down. Simmer gently for about 30-40 minutes, with the lid on. Add water if needed.