- 500 gr giant white beans
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 500 gr of tomatoes diced
- 1 tsp of sugar
- Himalayan salt
- Black pepper, ground
- parsley, chopped
- Soak beans overnight.
- Next morning drain and put beans into a large pot. Add water and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5-10 minutes, discarding foam when needed. Drain again and repeat the previous step.
- Cook for about 50 minutes, or until getting softened.
- Drain beans into a casserole, keeping aside the water they were boiled in.
- Preheat oven at 400 F (200 C) degrees.
- Warm half olive oil into a pan over medium heat and add into the sliced onions, celery and garlic. Cook for about 10 minutes, taking care not to let them get brown.
- Add the diced tomatoes, sugar and season with salt and pepper. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Pour the tomato sauce and the rest half of olive oil over the beans. Add two cups of the water you kept from boiling beans and sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake for about 45-60 minutes. Add water if needed.