- 1 1/2 Kg fresh spinach, or 1 kg frozen
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes diced
- Himalayan salt
- black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup of fresh dill, chopped
- 1/3 cup of rice
- Discard roots, wash and clean spinach, if fresh. Add it in boiling water for about 5 minutes and drain. If frozen, begin from number two…. 🙂
- Sauté onions in the olive oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes, spinach, dill and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Using a wooden spoon make 4-5 holes among the spinach and add the rice, in small amounts, into them.
- Cover with lid and turn heat to slow. Let boil this way for 20-25 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, open the lid and cover the pot with a cotton kitchen towel. Cover with lid again. Let stand this way for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the tortillas, one by one.
- While they are still hot, place them over a small upside-down metal bowl. Press with hands on the bowl to give shape.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes at 400 F (200 C), or until they get crunchy and hold shape.
- Serve warm spinach into them and garnish with lemon slices.