- 1500 kg of pumpkin diced
- 1 litre of water
- 750 gr of sugar
- 3 large organic lemons
- 1 organic orange
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- Place the diced pumpkin into a large bowl.
- Add the zest and the juice of orange and lemons, the cinnamon stick and the star anise.
- Add also the vanilla pod and its beans. Add sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning, place the pumpkin mixture into a large stockpot and bring to a boil for about 5 min stirring continuously.
- Skim foam and simmer for about 15 min.
- Remove the vanilla pot, cinnamon stick and star anise. Bring to the boil again and simmer. Stir occasionally for about 35-40 min., or until the jam thickens.
- You know the jam is ready when you can draw a wooden spoon across the bottom of the pan, and see the bottom before the jam covers it again.
- Pour jam into clean sterilized jars.
- Place jars upside down until cool completely.
- Store in cool dark place.