It is said that grape molasses have more nutritional value than honey. Did you know that it has a big importance for pregnants, babies and children? Well, it has a big effect on bone development, as it is rich in calcium and potassium. It’s also a great source of energy: 200 gr molasses is equal to 1550 gr milk or 350gr meat in terms of calorie they contain!
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup brandy
- 1 cup grape molasses
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- ¼ tsp. fresh cloves, ground
- about ½ kg all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Dissolve baking soda into the brandy.
- In a large bowl beat together the oil, orange juice and grape molasses.
- Add the ground cinnamon and cloves and whisk.
- Mix baking powder with flour.
- Add gradually the flour mixture into the bowl and knead until you have a dough that does not stick on your hands. Stop adding the flour once buns hold their shape.
- Line one large baking tray with baking paper.
- Using pieces of dough, pat into thick cookies (about 1/2 inches high) or give any shape you want.
- Place buns on tray and bake for about 20-25 minutes. Cooking time will vary slightly depending on the size of the buns.
Enjoy!!!! 🙂 xxx