This is an absolutely-great-looking recipe I have to try this holiday!!!!! As for the sweetened condensed milk substitution I think this one will do just fine!!
- 1 box (6 oz or 170 g) of Jell-O or store brand “gelatin dessert” in red color (strawberry)
- 1 box (6 oz or 170 g) of Jell-O or store brand “gelatin dessert” in green color (lemon, I had to add a few drops of green coloring)
- 1 big can sweetened condensed milk (740 g, or 26 oz)
- 12 unflavored gelatin sheets (20 g or 0,7 oz powdered gelatin, two sachets)
- some vegetable oil to grease the molds for optimal unmolding
- For each gelatin flavor, follow the manufacturer’s instructions. In my case, I had to dissolve one box (two sachets) of jello into two cups of boiling water and then add another two cups of cold water and stir until dissolved.
- Pour the jello into a container or a foil disposable mold (grease it for better unmolding) and chill (overnight is best, but 3 hours is enough).
- After chilling the two flavors, cut them into small blocks, and mix them.
- Oil lightly a bundt mold, and place the mixed blocks on it.
- In a separate bowl, place 12 sheets unflavored gelatin into 1 cup cold water. After the gelatin blooms (5 minutes), add 1 cup boiling water and dissolve. Add the can of condensed milk. Stir and cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Pour cooled milk mixture over jello and chill overnight. Unmold and …….
…. EnJoy!!!!!! :)xx