- 9-10 gr dry yeast
- 300 ml water + 50 ml warm water
- 650 gr all-purpose flour
- 3 + 2 tbsp olive oil
- 15 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- fresh rosemary sprigs
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Mash the yeast with the warm water. Set aside for 5-10 minutes to go frothy.
- Put flour into a large bowl. Make a hollow in the middle and stir in the yeast mixture. Add water and the 3 tbsp of oil. Mix to a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 5-10 minutes until it is smooth and elastic.
- With a knife, make an incision across the top of the dough to help it rise. Cover the bowl with a clean tea towel and leave in a warm, draught-free place for 1 hour until it has doubled in size.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead very lightly. Roll out to form a circle about 6mm thick.
- Place dough circle on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Make indentations with your finger and put half a tomato in each.
- Sprinkle with the rosemary sprigs sea salt and the 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Leave to cool slightly on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.