…. Or as I like to call it: Almost-Cheese spread!!!! 🙂
- 1 1/2 cup raw almonds (about 200 gr)
- 30 ml lemon juice + 30 ml water
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green pepper
- 1 clove garlic crushed (without germ)
- 1 ¼ tsp Himalayan salt
- Place almonds in a bowl and cover with 8 cm of tab water.
- Let them soak for about 24 hours (you should change water if it becomes cloudy).
- Drain the soaked almonds and rinse twice with cold running water.
- Remove skins.
- Puree almonds in a food processor.
- Add the water – lemon juice mix, 3 tbsp oil, green pepper, garlic, salt, and 1/2 cup of cold water in the food processor for about 6 minutes, or until it becomes a soft and creamy mixture.
- Place a large strainer over a bowl and spread a triple layer of muslin (cheesecloth).
- Flatten the mixture of almonds in cheesecloth.
- Join the corners and sides of the fabric together, and turn around the cheese to form a ball and pushing to help eliminate unnecessary moisture.
- Place in the fridge for about 3 hours.