- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup orange juice
- caster sugar (optional)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup raisins, slightly floured (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375º F (190 C). Place paper baking cups into baking tins. Grease a little bit with olive oil.
- Sift together flour and baking powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together the egg, olive oil, orange juice and honey. Mix in zest.
- Gently fold in flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Add raisins and stir again.
- Scoop mixture into prepared baking tins. Fill up to ¾.
- Bake until a toothpick or skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly in the baking tin for about 2 minutes before you get them out.
- Dust with caster.