You can drink it as it is, add to coffee or use it into recipes instead of milk. Adjust to your taste by adding or not bitter almond extract, more or less honey, or even adding cinnamon or salt!!! Do not discard the almond meal that has left after straining…. dry it out in a very low oven and use it in baking recipes instead of almond flour. 🙂
- 100 gr raw blanched almonds
- 400 gr water
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- few drops of bitter almond extract (optional)
- Cover almonds with water and soak overnight.
- Strain water from almonds.
- Place strained almonds into a blender, add half water and blend for 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add honey, bitter almond extract optionally, the rest half water and blend again until it is completely smooth.
- Strain almond milk into a metal strainer, in which you have placed cheesecloth or tulle, to remove almond solids.
- With a spoon press down to the metal strainer to help milk pass through the cloth. Squeeze gently to get more liquid out.
- Keep in the fridge for about 3-4 days.