- 2 tomatoes, blended
- 2 yellow peppers
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small pumpkin
- 3/4 ground meat (beef-if there’s no allergy, pork, chicken…)
- parsley, finely chopped
- 2 small carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dry or fresh mint
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2-2 1/2 handfuls of basmati rice
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
Tip: If your pumpkin has a big neck, like mine, cut round slices from the top and make scary faces, using a sharp knife to make the mouth and three cloves to make eyes and nose… 🙂
- Trim the tops off the little pumpkin and the peppers and reserve, then scoop out the seeds.
- Season the veggies on the inside with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a deep skillet and sauté the onions and carrots.
- Add the ground meat and stir well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook partially covered and stirring occasionally, until tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add basmati rice and herbs and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Stuff peppers and pumpkin and set the tops in place to complete the Jack-o-Peppers.
- Place stuffed vegetables into the baking dish.
- Pour into 1/2 glass of water ans drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool for a while. Using a small, sharp paring knife, cut out a jack-o-lantern face on each vegetable.
Enjoy and Happy Halloween!!! :)x