- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 medium apples
- chopped walnuts
- 2 1/2 all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 large eggs
- vanilla extract
- Peel apples, remove pits and cut in rings. Place peeled apple rings into a bowl with water and some lemon juice to prevent from getting brown.
- Put all the last six ingredients in a large mixing bowl starting from the liquid ones. Use a hand mixer until combined.
- Preheat oven on 350 degrees (180 C).
- Pour the first two ingredients into a round 26-28 cm baking pan, making sure it will cover the base evenly.
- Dust over with ground cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Place the apple rings over, starting from the middle of the pan.
- Place chopped walnuts and raisins in the holes and gaps between apples.
- Pour over with the cake mixture.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- Let cool 2-3 minutes into the pan.
- Turn over the pan on a big plate. Let stand for 2 minutes and then remove pan carefully.
- Serve hot or in room temperature.
- Enjoy!!!! :)x