- 125 gr all-purpose flour
- 1 yolk
- 50 gr caster sugar
- 80 gr coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix coconut oil with caster sugar in a large bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Add the egg yolk and cinnamon and briefly beat to combine.
- Sift over the flour and stir until the mixture is well combined – you surely gonna need to get your hands in at the end to give everything a really good mix and press the dough together.
- Shape into square or round logs, 2.5 cm in diameter, wrap the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees (200 C).
- After chilled until firm, slice dough into 1 cm thickness.
- Place, about 4 cm apart, on a greased tray or on parchment-lined baking sheets for 12 minutes or until edges just beginning to brown.
- The cookies should be firm but still quite soft when they come out of the oven.
- Let them cool for 5-10 minutes on the tray, before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Enjoy!!! 🙂