- 1 – 1 1/2 kg Calamari (medium to big)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup rice
- 1/2 cup dill, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons black raisins
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup tab water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Wash calamari. Separate and finely chop tentacles.
- Boil the Calamari in a saucepan with 1/4 glass of water for about 5 minutes. Then take them out and with a toothpick make some holes on them and set aside.
- Sauté onion and tentacles in the half olive oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Set aside and add rice, raisins, pine nuts and dill. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the semi-boiled calamari to the 2/3. Close them with toothpicks.
- Put them in a big saucepan and add the rest olive-oil. Sauté all sides for a while.
- Add wine, water and lemon juice, cover with the lid and turn heat to slow.
- Cook for about half an hour, or until they get tender and only a little sauce has been left.
- Garnish with lemon slices and season with fresh ground pepper.
- Serve hot and enjoy.