- 2 cups thickly sliced mushrooms
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- chicken finely broth
- 1 big ripe tomato
- salt & pepper
- Dice the vegetables
- In a large stockpot or a cast iron pot, heat oil on medium-high heat.
- Add diced onions, mushrooms, carrot and celery and sauté until all softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add tomato, garlic and thyme and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and cover the pot. Cook for about 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Season with salt & pepper and serve hot in bowls.