- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely diced apples
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- ½ cup almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- Preheat the oven to 375º F. Place paper baking cups in muffin tins.
- Sift together flour and baking powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together the egg, olive oil, almond milk and sugar. Mix in vanilla.
- Gently fold in flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Fold in finely diced apples and ground cinnamon and scoop mixture into prepared muffin tins. Fill up to ¾. Bake until a toothpick or skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly in the muffin tin.