This is my favorite sweet and that’s because not only it’s dairy-gluten-egg-free but also chocolate cream contains no trace of nuts and oil. The creamy texture of the chocolate is due solely to fat avocado (88% content), which is beneficial monounsaturated fatty acids, mainly oleic acid representative. Furthermore a good source of vitamin C, potassium and fiber.
And listen to this: the avocado has excellent antitumor activity, is beneficial for the heart and inflammatory …
So I give you the recipe, which is easy enough. Of course be sure avocados are ripe.
For the Base
- 150g raw almonds
- 60g dates
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Put the almonds in a food processor and beat, but careful not to become dust.
- Soak the dates for 1 hour, put them in a food processor and mix to make a paste.
- Add the almond powder and vanilla extract and stir until all the ingredients are well mixed. The mixture must be sticking when you push it with fingers.
- Put the mixture in the base of an 18cm strap, pressing gently with fingers.Put in the fridge until the chocolate cream is ready.
For the chocolate cream
- 770 g peeled avocado
- 300g honey
- 100g raw cacao powder
- 3 tsp. tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tsp. tablespoon natural vanilla extract
- Put the avocado in a food processor and beat until it becomes a cream.
- Add the remaining ingredients. If the cream is very tight add some orange juice.
- Add the cream over the base, cover with a transparent film and refrigerate.
- Serve after 2-3 hours.