- 250 gr onions
- 250 gr all-purpose flour
- 1/2 bunch of mint chopped
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Chop finely half onions and for the other half use a food processor.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together.
- If necessary, pour in the mixture some warm water to soften slightly this mixture.
- Take spoonfuls of the mixture and fry the onion balls in hot oil for about 3 minutes on each side, or until they get golden brown. Remove them with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel to absorb the oil.
Note: A recipe from the greek island of Santorini. Serve with fresh salad and a glass of sweet red wine, ideally a Vinsanto (Santorini one), and you are almost there…… 🙂